Since we just left Medellin, the time is now to leave a short feedback about our experience in this city. Lets introduce the HLGCBS feedback. This is inspired by the juggling world (hat tip and rest in peace to http://jugglingdb.com), and is used to share feedback after a whole weekend of workshops, shows and juggling at a juggling convention. It goes like this:
- Goals reached or missed?
- Had a crush on some / many things / body ?
Let’s start a High, Low, Goal, Crush, Bane, Surprise! GO!
- The friendliness and unobtrusiveness of the all the people – even when going out, guys would back off as soon as you say no.
- The moments when you feel like you are finally starting to understand and communicate in Spanish, even if it’s just small and easy conversations like ordering.
- Dining at El Cielo
- A trip to the cute town of Guatape
- A day trip to a coffee farm
- It’s almost impossible to find good coffee. Even a place that promotes itself as “coffee roasters” did ruin the beans till it wasn’t enjoyable anymore for us anymore. I somehow even stopped liking coffee at all. Note: Good coffee for us is mildly roasted. We mostly found coffee that would smell like burnt coal, after it had been roasted. Too bad.
- Improving our Spanish skills – check. Tipp: Use Memrise instead of Duolingo. It is more practical and has better repetition in our opinion.
- Learning about Colombia and Colombian culture by getting to know and talking to locals – check
- Learning about the cities history – check
- The constant pollution of the main streets in el Poblado – not even the rain made much of a difference here. Get ready for some traffic, if you stay in the area.
- We actually found really decent bread to have classical German dinners and Müsli for German breakfast 🙂